Saturday, January 1, 2000

Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

The Yarn…

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I knit.

2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? I definitely knit hats most often. When I can't think of something to knit or need a break I tend towards chemo caps. Mittens and fingerless mitts are another favorite. I like immediate gratification knitting although I've made tons of blankets and they take a looooooong time.

3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I think I use straights, circulars, and dpns equally and most of them are Knitpicks (Harmony and metal).

4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Right now I have a chemo hat OTN and my oldest and only UFO is a pair of mittens that I started 6 months ago. They'll be beautiful if I ever finish them but my talent and patience do not lie with color work.

5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? I like anything that feels nice in my hands. I don't like fun fur or novelty type yarns.

7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? Purple wins hands down as my favorite and orange is usually my least favorite although there are some things that I've done that I've loved in orange.

8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I have way too many stitch markers. They're always so pretty but I will never be able to use all that I have.

The Chocolate

1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? I like it all.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Marshmallows definitely.

3. Do you use any ‘add ins’ No

4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? Winter months

5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? Usually I'm a straight chocolate kind of person.

6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? I don't have a favorite and have never found one that I don't like.

7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? It's in a thick mug and I'm drinking it at home in my favorite chair by the fireplace.

8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? A nice soft/chewy chocolate chip cookie. Warm from the oven. YUMMMM

It’s all YOU!

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? Nope, not a one.

2. Do you collect anything? No

3. What is your favorite part of Winter? I live in So. California so any change of climate makes me happy. I love seeing the snow in our mountains and using our fireplace.

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Light florals, citrus, anything but vanilla. I love real vanilla but something in the manufactured stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

5. Are you allergic to anything? Nope

6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? arielzoe

7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Sitting and knitting by the fireplace.

8. What’s your favorite animal? Hedgehogs, lambs, kitties, bunnies

3 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

thanks so much for the comment today. Sometimes life just blows my mind and then it runs away with itself. I do a lot of stuff but I am also a cancer fighter so sometimes I feel like I just want to do things...well now. lol. I knitted a new creation. You should check it out. lol. Keep Smiling!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

It is nice to get to know you a little bit better:)Hugs Darcy

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Can't wait to get swappin'
~Your Cocoa spoiler