Saturday, January 1, 2000

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire




1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it?

I've been knitting for 16 yrs or so but got more serious about it in the past 5 years. I can crochet but am not all that great at it.

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?

I've made tons. I use them but most of them end up being gifts.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ?

I tend to use Lion Cotton, Peaches N Cream, and Sugar & Cream. I can't say that they're my favorites but they're what I'm used to. I did try EcoFil and wasn't thrilled with it. As for what I'd like to try........ no clue.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles?

It all depends on what I'm working on as to circular or straights. No plastic needles for me!! I tried them once and didn't like them at all. If I had to choose between wooden and metal I'd choose wood but I have more metal.

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much?

Purples and blues are my favorites. I don't love orange or yellow but do like them for fall. It's the right color for that time of year.

6. What do you like best about Autumn?

The change of season. I live in So. California and it's been 110+ degrees this past week. I'm ready for a cool down.

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks!

Berry

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day?

I'm not an oversleeper but I can't say I was overjoyed about the first days of school either.

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap)

I'm more of a Fall/Autumn person than a Halloween person.

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?

When I think edible goodies I think chocolate but just three? Hmmm. Sees Candy - Scotchmallows are my absolute favorite, chewy brownies, warm chewy chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, preferably without nuts.

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)

One cat, two free roaming backyard bunnies, 2 kids, and one hubby that can definitely act as silly as anyone.

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why?

I couldn't come up with anything so I asked two friends. One said "something purple and scooshy" and the other said "wool cuz I'm warm and fuzzy like that." Mind you, their answers. LOL

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths?

Both - but for face cloths I like Knitpicks Crayon 100% Pima Cotton

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays)

Thanksgiving - it's relaxing and for being with those you love.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about?

I'm allergic to limes but doubt that's a real problem :-) I am not a big nut fan.


No comments: