Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Size 17 needles - double strand of Lion Brand Homespun - seed stitch for five feet.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Size 11 needles with a cast on of 70. Two inches of ribbing and then I increased it to 84 stitches. The yarn was so pretty I didn't think it needed a pattern so I knit all rounds. 6 inches later I started the decrease. She looked so cute in the hat I offered to make her a scarf to match. 24 stitches, size 11 needles, garter stitch and fringe. She loves it and told me it was the most beautiful set she'd ever seen. You can't ask for anything better than that especially since both were so easy.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
I showed this pattern to my friend Kathy and she told me that it would make a really cute gift if it was given with some Goldfish Crackers and that she liked Goldfish Crackers. I thought, I could send it for her as a birthday gift. Then I realized her birthday wasn't until the end of November. Well, I am super terrible at waiting to give gifts and couldn't wait a WHOLE OTHER MONTH to ship it. Her "goldfish" arrived at her house yesterday so I'm able to post about it.
Happy Early Birthday Kathy!!!!!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
When I showed this to a friend she said that it seems like everything is getting a cozy these days. It's funny, she's right and I generally don't like them. Then WHY did I make this book cozie? It's for a friend for Christmas who always has a book in her purse. Hopefully she'll like it.
1. It insulates the cupboard where it is kept.
2. It keeps the economy moving. It is my patriotic duty to support wool farmers, textile mills, and yarn shops.
3. It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care.
4. I'm participating in a contest - the one who dies with the most yarn wins!
5. It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to enjoy it, you never have to feed it, change it, wipe its nose or walk it.
6. Because I'm worth it.
7. Like dust, it's good for protecting previously unprotected spaces in the house, like the ironing board, the laundry basket, the dining room table
8. It's not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves, ratifies the soul, and makes me feel good.
9. Because it is on sale. Because that is such a beautiful color... I've never seen it before... I must have it.
10. Buy it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all your shopping expeditions.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Here are the rules:
If you've already received this award, great! That means you really really deserve it. Feel free to pass it on again.
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs
I'm nominating the following ladies:
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Surprise, another bag. I may have to stop for awhile. I seem to be overflowing with the things.
It was pretty cool though........ I was on vacation and went to a yarn store. On display they had this exact bag pattern. I recognized it quickly enough. LOL
My camera sock. Hard to take a picture with the camera in it when you're using the camera but suffice to say, it fits and works perfectly. :-)