Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ODE TO MY WIFE THE KNITTER

ODE TO MY WIFE THE KNITTER

Author Unknown

She learned to knit on Monday
Her stitches were very fine.
She forgot to thaw out dinner,
so we went out to dine.

She knitted socks on Tuesday.
She says they are a must.
They really were quite lovely,
But she forgot to dust.

On Wednesday, it was an afghan
She says jacquard is fun.
What colors!! What textures!!
But the laundry wasn't done.

Her Knit-weave was on Thursday,
Green, yellow, blue and red.
I guess she really was engrossed,
She never made the bed.

It was wall hangings on Friday
In colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all
The crumbs on all the floors.

I found a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete.
My wife can knit the hours away,
The house will still be neat.

Well......it's already Sunday
And I'm about to throw a fit.
I've cursed, I've raved, I've ranted
The MAID has learned to KNIT!!!

3 comments:

hopalong682003 said...

That's wonderful!

Alyssa said...

I have already forwarded it to my knitting friends! Feeling like a need the maid NOW! Off to run errands rather than knitting on the felted snowmen (which is what I would REALLY rather be doing.

Miss Me said...

i've had a cleaning lady for years... she comes every two weeks, but i'm starting to think that every week would be BETTER!