I was driving to work this morning and drove by a neon sign that told me that if you are not using a hands-free device the ticket will cost $159. That got me thinking about other "fun" California laws.
1. You must use a hands free device, as stated above.
2. You are not allowed to text and drive. My sister tells me in Florida they can talk, text, and eat while they drive.
3. Gas was $4.11 per gallon this morning on my way to work which is better than the $4.35 per gallon I paid three weeks ago. This sounds like I get gas every three weeks but no, I got gas this morning too. It's a weekly endeavor. I drive 42 miles round trip daily to and from work then there are the trips here and there and back again.
4. If your windshield wipers are on, you must, by law, turn on your headlights.
The following has been discussed with my friend Kathy who lives in Texas.
5. We are not allowed to own ferrets although they sell ferret food in Petsmart.
6. We are not allowed to buy or sell real snakeskin objects. You are not allowed to "bring in a purse made of mountain lion." Backup information here.