Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall Into Autumn - Topic of the Week

TOPIC OF THE WEEK

(Q) When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

(A) I tend to use size 6 or 7 needles, usually metal, for dishcloths. I knit on the looser side so those sizes work better for me. Facecloths - I use thinner yarn and probably a size 5, again metal. Why metal? It's what I have the most of. I have a few wooden dpn sets and a couple of wooden straight needles but the bulk of what I have is metal. The needles I'd like to try are the KnitPicks Options and I'll be getting them as a Christmas gift. YAY!!! My favorite face cloth yarn is Knit Picks Crayon Pima Cotton. No favorite dishcloth yarn. :-)

No comments: